Nichols Brothers Facilities Maintenance team is more than just a repair crew; they are behind-the-scenes of day-to-day operations, supporting the shipyard in every capacity.
A shipyard is a very complex environment; therefore, it takes several different specialties to support the operations, from tool repair, to rolling stock mechanics, material handling, grounds and building repair and maintenance and everything in-between.
Nichols Brothers Facilities Maintenance team is made up of 20 men and women, all specializing in one or more department segments.
- Receive incoming plate and raw material.
- Manage Storage and distribution of plate and raw material.
- Deliver plate and raw material to production site by certified crane operators.
Tool & Equipment Maintenance
- Electrical repair.
- Power tool repair.
- Welding equipment repair.
- Power distribution onboard vessels.
- Maintain rolling stock.
- Control of yard tool check in/out to all personnel.
- Manages Vendor managed inventory.
- Performs Safety harness inspections and certifies for harnesses use.
Buildings and Grounds Janitorial
- Janitorial duties of all building and facilities.
Building and Grounds Repair and Maintenance
- cleans, repairs, and maintains buildings, grounds, equipment, and related facilities; skills include carpentry, painting, and plumbing.
- Assists with moving material around the yard for production.
- Pickup & delivery of materials with haul capacity of 10,000lbs.
Environmental Storm water
- Maintains electro-cucullated storm water system.
- Filters water to less than five (5) parts per billion copper for discharge.
- Maintains Spill response policies and procedures.